Thursday, May 5, 2011

Statement by Governor Jan Brewer mourning the loss of Officer Rolando Tirado

Governor asks that flags be flown at half-mast

            PHOENIX – “I am deeply saddened over the tragic loss of Buckeye Police Officer Rolando Tirado, who was slain on May 1, 2011.
            “I ask that all citizens of Arizona join me in thoughtful prayer and sincere reflection for the precious family of Officer Tirado, as well as the personnel and families at the Buckeye Police Department who are mourning his loss.

            “We honor this fine individual not only for his service in law enforcement with the cities of Buckeye and Surprise, but also for his service to this country as a member of the United States Marine Corps.

“I would also like to extend my thoughts and prayers to Officer Christopher Paz, who was wounded in the incident when he and Officer Tirado attempted to break up an early-morning disturbance in west Phoenix. I pray for Officer Paz’s swift recovery.

“I encourage all Arizonans to take a moment to reflect upon the daily sacrifices made by those who serve in law enforcement, public safety and military professions. They risk their lives to protect us from harm.

            “I have ordered flags to be lowered to half staff to honor and recognize Arizona’s finest.”

No comments:

Post a Comment