Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ann Kirkpatrick announces run for Congress in 2012



Letter from Ann Kirkpatrick 
Dear Friends,

For two years, I had the opportunity and honor to serve as your Representative in Congress, and together we fought for the best interests of district one and made a real difference in the lives of Greater Arizona's families. We created thousands of good-paying jobs and protected thousands more. We made it easier to get health care and made it more affordable. We invested in our law enforcement communities and made our families safer from drug cartel violence.

For the last few months, I have traveled around the district meeting with neighbors and friends and reflecting not only on what we accomplished in those short two years but also on what is still left to be done.  After talking with my family, my neighbors, and community leaders across district one, I have decided to run for Congress again in 2012.

I am running because I believe we need a Representative who is willing to fight for what’s best for Greater Arizona’s families and communities - not someone who is fighting for Washington and Wall Street.  There is still so much work to be done, and the issues that were important a few short months ago are no less important today.

Last November was a very humbling experience for me, but at the end of the day, I am proud of what we were able to accomplish and wouldn’t take back any of the work we did together. In the coming months, I look forward to traveling around our beautiful district and visiting with the people and communities that make this state so great. With your help, guidance, and support, we’ll take our district back and continue working toward a future where our families and communities are safer and more prosperous.

Si
ncerely,

Ann Kirkpatrick

No comments:

Post a Comment