Sunday, January 15, 2012

Movie Reviewer says "Contraband" is average, but not bad for first week of January

2 1/2  

"Contraband" is average despite being at the top of the box office this weekend, according to  Movie Reviewer Andy McKinney. 
Andy says, "This film cannot compare to the recent heist movie 'The Town', but it still is a diverting way to spend an hour and 50 minutes.  In three days the R rated film brought in a solid $24 million.  This was enough to put 'Contraband' at the top of the box office for this weekend.  I think people wanted to see some bad guys come to grief after the year end films of a more serious nature.  I know I did.
"Two and a half saw blades make this movie neither great nor terrible.  It is right in the mathematic middle.  It is average.  Average, with at least one memorable performance by Ben Foster is not bad for the first week in January.           I love the movies.  I hope I’ll see you at the Sawmill."
For Andy's comments and showtimes at the Sawmill Theatre, go to the Payson Daily Bugle's Movie Review Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment