Sunday, March 25, 2012

Movie Reviewer Andy McKinney says "Hurrah!" for extremely good "The Hunger Games"

4  

Andy asks, what is the point of a review if hordes of fans spent $214 million worldwide to see "The Hunger Games".

Andy says, "The Hunger Games" has brought in an awe inspiring $214 million worldwide in the last three days.  The producers are dancing for joy with their $78 million investment while the hordes of fans storm box offices around the world.  What is the point of a review?  The people, in their wisdom, in their millions, have spoken.  But what the heck, it is what I do. 
"I say 'hurrah' for this extremely good, but not quite an immortal classic, film.  I literally sat on the edge of my seat through the very long (most of the movie) action sequences.  And I have read the book, at the recommendation of a movie insider friend, so there was nothing that surprised me.  I was still on pins and needles, that’s how good it is as action entertainment."
Andy gives this action film 4 Sawblades. For more of Andy's comments and showtimes at the Sawmill Theatre in Payson, go to the Payson Daily Bugle's Movie Review page.

No comments:

Post a Comment