Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Movie Reviewer Andy McKinney enjoyed the ride with Rock of Ages

Movie Reviewer Andy McKinney just enjoyed the ride with Rock of Ages
Andy says,  "I spent the 80’s North of the Arctic Circle so I do not have the same visceral affection for that decade’s music as some of my friends have, or indeed that I have for the music of the 60’s.  In an odd way, it allowed me to enjoy this movie-made-from-a-stage-play more than they did.  When the actors could not replicate the raw power of the original hair bands I was not disappointed.  I just enjoyed the ride.  The music evoked the atmosphere of the original hits well enough to have me humming along, happy to hear it again."
"This PG-13 film rates a strong three saw blades, more for those who actually like musicals as a genre. If you want to sing along with Night Ranger, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Journey, Foreigner, Europe Guns N’ Roses and REO Speedwagon, you should have a fine time."
For more of Andy's comments and show times at the Sawmill Theatre in Payson go to the Payson Daily Bugle's Movie Review Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment